The delivered services
One of AGRECO’s major focal areas and fields of specialisation is biodiversity conservation and sustainable management of environment.
This includes in particular environment integration in development co-operation with various projects implemented and dealing with sustainable development issues, environmental impact assessment, integrated coastal zone management, etc.
In these fields the company offers the following services :
- DIAGNOSIS AND MONITORING :
- assessment of biodiversity of specific habitats (inventories, surveys,...);
- ecosystem analysis;
- socio-economic surveys;
- études d’impact environnemental et social;
- environmental and social Impact Assessment;
- Strategic Environmental Assessment;
- development and management of environmental monitoring systems;
- biodiversity database development and management;
- adaptation of GIS systems to management needs in the field.
- PLANNING :
- preparation of sector strategy (plastic waste management strategy) or
- preparation of national environmental strategy
- preparation of protected area management plans.
- IMPLEMENTATION :
- set-up and management of protected areas;
- applied research into sustainable natural resources use (sustainable forest management, non-traditional forest products development, sustainable hunting management,...);
- ecotourism development;
- community wildlife management;
- land-use management;
- integrated coastal zone management.
- INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT :
- environmental legislation review;
- institutional support to protected area planning and management structures;
- biodiversity conservation policy advice;
- training (biodiversity assessment, surveillance, planning, environmental monitoring, database management,...);
- awareness building and information dissemination;
- building partnerships and establishing networks between protected areas, research and training institutes, environmental NGOs.